- Backup all your important files including the files in the Wacko folder and in the database as well. You never know.
- Extract the updated version of WackoWiki on to your hard disk.
- If you want to keep your layout, you have to use a program like WinMerge[link1] to merge your *.css and other theme files with the new files in the folder
- (optional) You can create a file named
lockedin the wacko folder. This file should contain one line – this word will be the password. When Wacko finds this file, it will ask every visitor for a login/password, because of the upgrade process. The login name is "admin", the password is the content of
- Now, upload the complete folder to your WackoWiki place. Let it replace the old files, if necessary.
- However: wakka.config.php MUST be re-used from the old installation if you want to upgrade. Otherwise you will get database problems.
- And: You MUST upload new files into the same directory if you want to upgrade.
- Navigate with your browser to the WackoWiki folder as you wanted to visit your page.
- If the data base needs updating, the installer will start automatically. It is self explanatory.
- Go to page and check the result! If you have any problems, you may have to adjust some *.css files.
- (see step 4) Do not forget to remove
If you see the blank page on any step,
index.phpand comment the line 8, "ob_start ("ob_gzhandler");", with an //.
- Then see DB error and report it to the bugtracker[link2] along with the steps to reproduce the problem.