Tutorial - A quick start guide for users new to WackoWiki
//This page is also available in ((/Doc/Deutsch/Einleitung German)).//
A wiki is a website that can be built quickly. Anyone can edit new and existing pages. The database contains information about all changes made to pages by all wiki users. Earlier versions of a page can be restored if necessary.
**Wiki defining features:**
* ((/Doc/English/Markup markup))
* version control
* configuration and administration
((WikiTipsForBeginners Wiki tips for beginners))
//Without login you can do:// read default pages and follow system bookmark links: Changes - Comments - Index. You can also view wiki source - print - show referrers. While hovering over and klicking links you see changes in the status line of the browser and/or in the URL input field.
//When logged in, you additionally can do://
**pages:** read and write existing pages and linking, add content and format it, use ((/Doc/English/Actions actions)), register new users
**page handler:** work with any page: - revisions - create - clone - delete - rename - moderate - permissions - categories - watch - attachments
**general page properties:** edit general properties of pages: - title - keywords - description - language
**extended page properties:** allow: comments - files - rating - HTML features
**administration:** configure access to ((/Doc/English/AdminPanel AdminPanel)) - tailor wiki to your needs and refactor it
The default configuration can be changed for the site, on a per page and/or per user basis.
1. At the top right corner click "Login".
| file:/tutorial_login_11.png ||
|| 2. type in your UserName
3. type in your password
4. click "Login"
Done. You have logged in to your wiki.
Before adding a page you might have to log in to your WackoWiki website.
|| 1. Click "Create" under submenu "more" | file:/tutorial_create_new_page_1.png||
|| 2. Choose name of your page
3. Click "Create"
//Basic Concept: ((/Doc/English/Cluster WackoWiki Cluster))//
|| 4. choose title
5. start writing content into your page
6. save, that's it. | file:/tutorial_create_new_page_3.png
You have created your new page. See also: other ways to ((/Doc/English/AddNewPage add new pages)).
|| 1. Click on pencil in top menu (page handler) | file:/tutorial_edit_page.png ||
//If commenting a page is allowed://
1. At the bottom of a page click "Add your comment" or "Read Comments" if this page has already been commented
| file:/tutorial_comment_page_1.png ||
|| 2. choose a title for your comment
3. add your comment
4. click preview or save.
Done. You have commented a page. Also look at ((/RecentlyCommented)) Wiki Page.
//If upload is allowed//
1. At the bottom of a page click "Attach Files" or "Files" (if there are already uploaded files to this page)
| file:/tutorial_upload_1.png ||
|| 2. browse your file directory and choose file for __global__ upload or upload to page
3. choose a description for your file
4. click "Proceed".
| file:/tutorial_upload_2.png ||
|| Done. You have uploaded a file! See also: ((/Doc/English/Actions/UploadFiles))
actions: files, upload
handler: upload, file, attachments, filemeta | file:/tutorial_upload_3.png
|| 1. Click "Permissions" under submenu "more" | file:/tutorial_set_permissions.png ||
1. Show page revisions and choose the versions you want compare with each other.
2. Select a diff mode and click compare.
| file:/compare_revisions_en_1.png ||
|| 3. Shows the diff set in the side by side mode.
| file:/compare_revisions_en_2.png ||
|| 4. Shows the same diff set in the inline mode.
1. Add a site logo.
2. Add a site favicon
3. Select a layout for your site..
1. When logged in as WikiAdmin , go to page: ##~https://example.com/Registration##
//If registration is allowed (off by default)://
1. At the top of a page click "Registration"
| file:/tutorial_registration_1.png ||
|| 2. choose a user name
3. choose a secure password and type in your password twice
4. enter a valid e-mail address (e.g. to get updates on watched pages)
5. type in word you see above
6. click "Register me"
Done. You have registered a new user.
original is located at: ((/Doc/English/Tutorial))