This page is also available in German[link1].
A wiki is a website that can be built quickly. Anyone can edit new and existing pages. The database contains information about all changes made to pages by all wiki users. Earlier versions of a page can be restored if necessary.
Wiki defining features:
- version control
- configuration and administration
Wiki tips for beginners[link3]
Without login you can do: read default pages and follow system bookmark links: Changes – Comments – Index. You can also view wiki source – print – show referrers. While hovering over and klicking links you see changes in the status line of the browser and/or in the URL input field.
When logged in, you additionally can do:
pages: read and write existing pages and linking, add content and format it, use actions[link4], register new users
page handler: work with any page: – revisions – create – clone – delete – rename – moderate – permissions – categories – watch – attachments
general page properties: edit general properties of pages: – title – keywords – description – language
extended page properties: allow: comments – files – rating – HTML features
administration: configure access to AdminPanel[link5] – tailor wiki to your needs and refactor it
The default configuration can be changed for the site, on a per page and/or per user basis.
|1. At the top right corner click "Login".|
| 2. type in your UserName|
3. type in your password
4. click "Login"
Done. You have logged in to your wiki.
2. Add page
Before adding a page you might have to log in to your WackoWiki website.
|1. Click "Create" under submenu "more"|
| 2. Choose name of your page|
3. Click "Create"
Basic Concept: WackoWiki Cluster[link6]
| 4. choose title|
5. start writing content into your page
6. save, that's it.
3. Edit page
|1. Click on pencil in top menu (page handler)|
4. Add comment
|If commenting a page is allowed:|
1. At the bottom of a page click "Add your comment" or "Read Comments" if this page has already been commented
| 2. choose a title for your comment|
3. add your comment
4. click preview or save.
Done. You have commented a page. Also look at /RecentlyCommented[link8] Wiki Page.
5. Upload file
If upload is allowed
1. At the bottom of a page click "Attach Files" or "Files" (if there are already uploaded files to this page)
| 2. browse your file directory and choose file for global upload or upload to page |
3. choose a description for your file
4. click "Proceed".
| Done. You have uploaded a file! See also: /Doc/English/Actions/UploadFiles[link9]|
actions: files, upload
handler: upload, file, attachments, filemeta
8. Set Permissions
|1. Click "Permissions" under submenu "more"|
9. Compare Revisions
1. Show page revisions and choose the versions you want compare with each other.
2. Select a diff mode and click compare.
| 3. Shows the diff set in the side by side mode.|
| 4. Shows the same diff set in the inline mode.|| |
1. Add a site logo.
2. Add a site favicon
3. Select a layout for your site..
If registration is allowed (off by default):
1. At the top of a page click "Registration"
| 2. choose a user name|
3. choose a secure password and type in your password twice
4. enter a valid e-mail address (e.g. to get updates on watched pages)
5. type in word you see above
6. click "Register me"
Done. You have registered a new user.
|As administrator you can add new users via the Admin panel.|| |