|The advocacy page is intended for the promotion of WackoWiki.|
Promotion is essential for the life and development of the WackoWiki project. Reaching new users can help WackoWiki project get in touch with talented developers. In the long run, promoting free software is essential for economical development and civil liberties. The free software packages WackoWiki and WackoFormatter are used worldwide by a large number of end-users, companies, governments and institutions (10.000+ installations worldwide and growing), therefore, helping us promote WackoWiki is important.
Share your experiences on
The proposed strategy is quite simple :
- Before you start, it is recommended that you translate WackoWiki software and WackoWiki web site in your language. Just visit the translation page.
- Then, register WackoWiki on free software web sites in your country. We are highly interested in community web sites. Some countries have one or two major web sites for free software.
- You are free to register everywhere as long as the registration conditions do not limit the rights of WackoWiki Team members. For information purpose, after each registration, please drop us an email to add a new entry to the Registration list.
- Please note that the official spelling is WackoWiki for the project, with WackoWiki R6.0 being the recent version of the wiki itself.
You are free to publish any technical information about WackoWiki. Here are some guidelines, mainly about links and localization.
- Include a language information in the URL: For example, the URL of the French homepage is: https://wackowiki.org/doc/Doc/Français
- Downloading links: whenever possible, publish links pointing to WackoWiki downloading page.
- Main page: Some sites (especially Windows shareware/freeware sites) may require direct links. Be very careful before submitting direct links, because you may have to upgrade them when new versions of WackoWiki are released.
- Description of WackoWiki: any technical description is suitable. If you are not sure what to write, just use one of the following descriptions (may be translated in your language):
|available characters||technical description|
|Less than 45||A light and easy to install Wiki-engine.|
|Less than 80||Small, lightweight, handy, expandable, multilingual Wiki-engine.|
|Less than 250||WackoWiki is a slight and easy to install multilingual Wiki-engine. Supports WYTIWYG-editing, page rights (ACLs), design themes (skins) and much more. Compatible with PHP7 and MySQL 5.|
|Less than 450||WackoWiki – Small, lightweight, handy, expandable, multilingual Wiki-engine. WYTIWYG editor, easy installer, many localizations, email notification on changes/comments, several cache levels, design themes (skins) support, HTML5 compliance, page rights (ACLs), page comments and is distributed under the BSD License.|
|Less than 2000||WackoWiki – Small, lightweight, handy, expandable, multilingual Wiki-engine. It's designed for speed and extensibility. Includes a WYTIWYG editor, easy installer, many localizations, email notification on changes/comments, several cache levels, design themes (skins) support, template engine, URI router, HTML5 compliance, page rights (ACLs), page comments and is distributed under BSD-License. Also features RSS autodiscovery, file upload per page or global, multiple sites running of the same WackoWiki installation, clusters & relative addressing. Links can be CamelCase or freely formed links using an intuitive two-character markup.|
- Keywords: when visiting a web site, users may not find "WackoWiki" directly, but query keywords like "wiki mysql php" or "free wiki tools", etc.. During registration, you may be asked to enter keywords. As an ethical choice, do not hijack other product names. Our proposal for keywords is: WackoWiki, WikiEdit, groupware, CMS, wiki-engine, ...
We would like to thank the web sites registering WackoWiki. To our knowledge, WackoWiki was registered on the following web sites:
(update pending) (pending)
You aren't allowed to read action source page.