View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000226WackoWikihandlerpublic2009-03-06 12:36
Reportermir Assigned Toadministrator  
PrioritynormalSeveritytextReproducibilityalways
Status resolvedResolutionno change required 
Product Version4.2 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0000226: print handler forces output to UTF-8
DescriptionI some page using ISO-8859-x charset is formatted for print the resulting print page is forced to use charset UTF-8 due to a conversion bug. The character - is converted to – which is a UTF-8 character only - it is not defined in any ISO-8859-x character sets.
TagsNo tags attached.

Relationships

parent of 0000210 resolvedElar9000 include and improve RSS action (feed.php + simplepie) 
related to 0000228 resolvedmir Does not produce valid XHTML 

Activities

mir

2008-09-07 23:21

developer   ~0000493

Forgot to provide a test case.

Try this link: http://wackowiki.org/Projects/Tools/MailingList
Page is using iso-8859-1.
Now try clicking on the print symbol to have a printer friendly page and the resulting page will have changed charset to utf-8.

administrator

2008-09-08 10:58

administrator   ~0000494

I guess this is caused by the charset autodetection of your browser,
the new feed action (embedded in in the page you linked above) still uses "only" UTF-8

see 0000210

mir

2008-09-08 16:17

developer   ~0000503

No, my test case shows that it is the transition of the body part which is causing the change of character set since a - from iso-8859-1 is converted to a - taken from utf-8.

Try to see the source for my link and compare that to the source produced by the print formatter function.

Original page: <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

print page (save as): <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

choosing display source in browser shows that charset is still claiming to be iso-8859-1 which is actually wrong. Save as therefore correctly changes charset indication to utf-8.

administrator

2008-09-09 00:25

administrator   ~0000510

this is caused by the charset autodetection of your browser

ebal

2009-03-06 09:06

developer   ~0000596

in svn version i am using, i've tried to re-produce this bug, but i couldnt.
In all the tests i did, the charset in print page is equal to charset of the original page

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-09-07 23:01 mir New Issue
2008-09-07 23:01 mir Legacy => NEW
2008-09-07 23:21 mir Note Added: 0000493
2008-09-08 10:58 administrator Note Added: 0000494
2008-09-08 11:26 administrator Relationship added parent of 0000210
2008-09-08 16:17 mir Note Added: 0000503
2008-09-09 00:25 administrator Note Added: 0000510
2008-09-09 00:31 administrator Relationship added related to 0000228
2009-03-06 09:06 ebal Note Added: 0000596
2009-03-06 12:36 administrator Assigned To => administrator
2009-03-06 12:36 administrator Status new => resolved
2009-03-06 12:36 administrator Resolution open => no change required
2009-03-06 12:36 administrator Severity major => text
2010-03-08 10:14 administrator Category Handler => handler