Upgrade your WackoWiki from 6.0.x to 6.1.x.
- Check Release Notes for requirements.
- Back up your data:
- your wiki database (e.g. via phpMyAdmin or the backup module in the Admin Panel),
- your wiki folder.
Backup your data! Before doing anything, backup your existing database and files. Also ensure that during migration nobody uses the database, because it may cause loss of data.
- It is imperative that you make a backup of your WackoWiki database before you upgrade.
- The upgrade procedure transfers your installation instance data from the old version to the new version. Migration from the new version back to the old version is not supported.
Requires at least WackoWiki 6.0.22, if you use a earlier version upgrade to this version first, before you upgrade to WackoWiki 6.1.x.
- Download wacko.6.1.x.zip
- Extract the archive
- Delete all wacko folders and files from you current installation, except
- Copy the new wacko.6.1.x files in your WackoWiki installation folder
- Delete the cache file under
- Check file permissions
If you have created custom themes, actions, handlers or formatters in the old version of WackoWiki, then you need to restore them from the backup you made at the beginning. Check their compatibility and fix them if necessary.
Call the URI of your Wiki in your browser. The installer starts and tells you (IMPORTANT) that you are upgrading from 6.0.x to 6.1.x
- go through all steps
- Screenshots from Upgrade procedure
If you've had set custom values in
csp_custom.conf or elsewhere, you must set or merge these values again.
After successful upgrade you can perform a re-rendering for all intrasite links to rebuild the records of the
- Admin Panel -> Synchronizing data -> Wiki-links
You can tune the re-rendering settings to avoid timeouts or reaching the memory limit. This is mostly interesting for shared hosting or servers you do not manage. The server terminates then the script without further notice.
If the re-rendering fails just reduce the number of pages it renders per turn, the redirect LIMIT is set to 10. If you reach the redirect limit the script will provide you with a link Next », which you have to click to render the next batches of pages. Furthermore avoid possible session timeouts while the script is running.
- Writes now the
xml/folder, please check and update your robots.txt, e.g.
- Requires now the ICU Dates and Times Format used by IntlDateFormatter, please update your custom settings in the Admin panel.
config DateTime::format IntlDateFormatter date_format
Do not forget to update and check your own modifications and extensions. Look out for changed functions, database changes or CSS changes.
- Please look in the community folder or Patches section for available updates.
- Merge possible core changes in your own theme
- Leave a comment here if something is not clear or you have further questions.
- Do not hesitate to improve this instruction and the wording.