Here you will find details for your software installation of WackoWiki R5.5.
Be sure to check requirements in advance!
- download WackoWiki
- unzip/untar the downloaded file
- check the release notes
- upload extracted files via FTP
- You will need to enable read and write access for the following files and folders
- For example:
chmod 0777 _cache/config/ _cache/feeds/ _cache/pages/ _cache/queries/ _cache/templates/ config/lock config/lock_ap files/backup/ files/global files/perpage xml sitemap.xml
chmod 644 config/config.php
- if you have not already done so, create a database (e.g. via phpMyAdmin)
example.com/wiki-folder/in your browser
As with any software that you expose to the internet, there may be bugs or security problems. Do not install WackoWiki unless you intend to keep up with security upgrades (please subscribe to receive announcements of security updates via News.
Run the Installer
Step by step as Installer Screenshots.
- Choose language
- Check System Requirements
- Site Configuration
- Database Configuration
- Database Installation
- Write Config File
- Follow the link to your wiki.
If you encounter problems while installing WackoWiki, see problem page.
- Admin Panel login
- Set default access levels
- Set registration settings
- Mail Server (SMTP)
- Maximum Document Upload Size
- Cache Levels
- Captcha Settings
- Bad Behaviour